Relay Board for Switching Pumps and Valves Buy Now
The VG-RELAY-DC board is perfect for controlling traditional sprinkler valves, pumps, or interfacing to other control systems. It interfaces directly to Vegetronix soil moisture sensors. Because it uses a 5A mechanical relay, it can directly control higher power AC or DC devices. It has 2 LEDs to indicate that the board has power, and the on/off state of the relay.
The VG-RELAY-DC board interfaces to a single VH400 soil sensor, and can activate a high power AC or DC load such as a valve or alarm, or other control device, when a moisture level is reached. The threshold is easily set with the onboard variable resistor, and a small screwdriver. The relay board can be configured with a jumper to turn the relay on when the sensor detects wetness or on when the sensor detects dryness.
The VH-RELAY-DC also serves as an evaluation board. If you are thinking about testing our VH400 soil moisture sensors you should consider purchasing this board as well.
- Perfect for evaluating our VH400 soil moisture probes.
- Interruption and control off irrigation and sprinkler systems.
- Interface soil moisture sensors to home automation systems.
- Control and monitoring of moisture content in bulk foods.
- Rain and weather control functions.
- Environmental control functions.
- Water conservation applications.
- Fluid level measurements and control.
- Powered from a wide range DC supply.
- Can be configured as a normally open or normally closed contact with a simple jumper setting.
- Uses a mechanical relay.
- Can control a 5A 250V load.
- Interfaces to a single VH400 probe.
- Low power.
- LED indicators, indicate power on and relay contact.
- Terminal blocks for quick connection.
- Low price.
- Small size.
- 4 mounting holes in each corner.
Relay Board Selector Guide
Vegetronix offers a variety of relay boards for nearly every application. See our Relay Board Selector Guide for help in determining which board is appropriate for your application.
Other Vegetronix Products of Interest
- Soil Moisture Sensor Relay Boards
- VH400 Soil Moisture Probes
- VegeHub Garden Sensor WiFi Hub
- SDI-12 Sensor Engine
- SDI-12 to RS232 Translator
- SDI-12 to USB Translator
- Soil Moisture Meter
- Universal Sensor Display
- Water Level Sensors
- Soil Temperature Sensors
- Voltage to Current Loop Translators
- SDI-12 Protocol Translators
- Data Loggers
- Extension Cable for VH400 Probes
Pricing and Ordering Info
We ship to nearly EVERY COUNTRY on the planet, directly to you from our factory.
99% of orders ship same day.
|BUY NOW FROM OUR WEBSITE STORE|
|VG-RELAY-DC||AC Relay board for the VH400 probes. Interfaces to a single VH400 Moisture Sensor Probe.||$39.95||Buy Now|
For volume pricing contact us.
|Power consumption||< 40mA when relay engaged.|
|Supply Voltage||6V to 24 VDC.|
|Relay Load||5A at 250VAC maximum load|
|Dimensions||1.75in by 1.75in|
|Number of sensor interfaces||1|
|Number of relay outputs||1|
|Terminal Block TB1 (INPUT POWER INTERFACE)|
|2||DC input 1 (max 24VDC rms)|
|Terminal Block TB2 (SENSOR INTERFACE)|
|1||GROUND: (connect to probe ground - bare wire)|
|2||SENSE: (connect to probe output - black wire)|
|3||POWER: 5V (connect to probe power - red wire)|
|Terminal Block TB3 (RELAY INTERFACE)|
|1||Relay contact 1|
|2||Relay contact 2|
How to Get Started
The best way to get started is to order a few low cost probes and relay boards and try them out in your application.Buy Now